-
December 16th, 2001, 03:52 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hey,
My friend is going to buy a digital camera for our no-budget film endeavors. I suggested Digital8, because of the cheaper tapes(MiniDV tapes cost you an arm and a leg these days), but all the digital cameras in his price range were MiniDV. When he finally found one, this came up:
http://www.hitachi.com/products/cons...ZVN2D286C.html
But I thought Digital8 is a Sony-only product? Will this camera allow us to edit via firewire?
------------------
~Justin
-
December 16th, 2001, 06:02 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi,
The answer to this question appears to be yes, perhaps! As it has a DV terminal.
Jim Bird.
------------------
[This message has been edited by Jim Bird (edited December 16, 2001).]
-
December 18th, 2001, 04:37 AM
#3
Inactive Member
How odd! I thought Digital 8 was some kind of Sony (c). Neet. I have a Digital 8 (Sony) myself and let me tell you, if the lighting is bad, it looks like grainy old home VHS, but if you set up the lights correct, it's _breathtaking._
------------------
-
December 22nd, 2001, 03:41 PM
#4
Inactive Member
justinc79:
Davis makes a good point... with the Hi8 and Digital8 formats, you'll need to be careful with the lighting. On both formats, in low lighting conditions the autoexposure will try like hell to compensate. Unfortunately, when its trying like hell to compensate, it looks like hell.
In situations where you can't add light, go to "manual" exposure setting and shoot the scene darker than looks correct. You'll be able to brighten the shot up in post without problems. Play around with this before hand so you can get a feel for what I'm trying to describe.
------------------
www.sn-films.com
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks